- August 28, 2014College's third Principal will lead expanded program of public engagement
- July 18, 2014PhD student Jake Wall ('09-'11) uses GPS collars, Google Earth and algorithms he developed to help rangers protect elephants
- August 25, 2014Check back later this fall for blog entries from Green College Resident Members.
- September 26, 2013Since September 2012, Green College has partnered with UBC TREK to support Green College residents in volunteering at Lord Strathcona Elementary School. Lord Strathcona is located in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and is the oldest elementary school in Vancouver.
Welcome to Green College, a collective of scholars and creators at UBC!
- Green College is a residential facility for graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and visiting faculty from all disciplines, and a host-venue for co-curricular, cross-disciplinary and cross-sectoral programs arranged by UBC graduate students, faculty members and others
- Academic and artistic events hosted by the College are open free of charge to all members of the University and wider local community
- See the Calendar of Events and Spotlights (below) for details of events
- For directions to Green College, click here
New in 2014-15
- Ideas of the University in the Early 21st Century (lecture and discussion series)
- Arctic-Wise: Bridging Northern Knowledges of Change (lecture and discussion series)
- The Next Urban Planet: Rethinking the City in Time (lecture and discussion series)
- Green College Leading Scholars Program (for newly appointed UBC faculty)
Listen to a talk, stay for dinner
Guests are welcome to join residents for dinner in the Great Hall of Graham House, served cafeteria-style between 6:15 and 7:30pm, Sunday through Thursday (only). For menus, prices and to find out how to make a dinner reservation, see here.
Book a room or a catered event
The College offers webcasting and video-conferencing facilities for meetings and events in the Coach House (capacity 75) and Great Hall (capacity 140), and a full catering service. Contact Event Coordinator Alan Gumboc
- Green Visiting Professors Christine Chambers and Michael Sullivan rethink a chronic problem
- Michael Byers and Rob Huebert discuss sovereignty and security in the first in a series of cross-disciplinary, cross-sectoral presentations on changing realities and understandings of the Arctic
- September 20 10:00 am - 5:00 pmLocation: Coach House, Green College, UBC
- September 22 5:00 pm - 6:30 pmLocation: Coach House, Green College, UBCSpeaker: Dietrich Jung, Centre for Contemporary Middle East Studies, University of Southern Denmark
- September 22 8:00 pm - 9:00 pmLocation: Coach House, Green College, UBCSpeaker: Dan Carney, Physics