- October 10, 2014Patricia Brosseau-Liard's (GC 08-09) study of kindergarten kids showed that there is a big difference in the ability of four and five year-olds in determining when adults are lying.
- October 09, 2014Dr. Judith G. Hall, OC, Emerita Professor, Departments of Pediatrics and Medical Genetics, UBC and Foundation Fellow of the College, is one of six inductees honoured at the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame in London, Ontario.
Welcome to Green College, a collective of scholars and creators at UBC!
- Green College is a residential facility for graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and visiting faculty from all disciplines, and a host-venue for co-curricular, cross-disciplinary and cross-sectoral programs arranged by UBC graduate students, faculty members and others
- Academic and artistic events hosted by the College are open free of charge to all members of the University and wider local community
- See the Calendar of Events and Spotlights (below) for details of events
- For directions to Green College, click here
New in 2014-15
- Ideas of the University in the Early 21st Century (lecture and discussion series)
- Arctic-Wise: Bridging Northern Knowledges of Change (lecture and discussion series)
- The Next Urban Planet: Rethinking the City in Time (lecture and discussion series)
- Green College Leading Scholars Program (for newly appointed UBC faculty)
|See selected talks on our YouTube channel here.|
Listen to a talk, stay for dinner
Guests are welcome to join residents for dinner in the Great Hall of Graham House, served cafeteria-style between 6:15 and 7:30pm, Sunday through Thursday (only). For menus, prices and to find out how to make a dinner reservation, see here.
Book a room or a catered event
The College offers webcasting and video-conferencing facilities for meetings and events in the Coach House (capacity 75) and Great Hall (capacity 140), and a full catering service. Contact Event Coordinator Alan Gumboc
- The 2013-14 Annual report is available to download.
- Dr. Donald Fisher appointed Vice-Principal, Green College for three-year term, 2014-17.
- November 26 5:00 pm - 6:30 pmLocation: Coach House, Green College, UBCSpeaker: Kenneth Lertzman, Resource and Environmental Management, Simon Fraser University
- North American Victims of Soviet State Paranoia: Finnish Canadians and Americans in the USSR during the Great TerrorNovember 27 5:00 pm - 6:30 pmLocation: Coach House, Green College, UBCSpeaker: Alexey Golubev, History, UBC
- November 29 8:15 pm - 9:30 pmLocation: Lecture Hall No. 2, Woodward Instructional Resources Centre, 2194 Health Sciences Mall, UBCSpeaker: Chris Turner, author and journalist