- February 03, 2015Don Hannah's one-woman show was performed at Green College in 2011 and received the Carol Bolt Award from the Playwrights Guild of Canada. The show begins a limited run next month in Halifax.
- January 29, 2015Applications are currently being accepted for one influential scholar, activist, artist, leader or practitioner for a 4-month residence
Welcome to Green College, a collective of scholars and creators at UBC!
- Green College is a residential facility for graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and visiting faculty, and a host-venue for co-curricular, cross-disciplinary and cross-sectoral programs arranged by UBC graduate students, faculty members and others
- Academic and artistic events hosted by the College are open free of charge to all members of the University and wider local community
- See the Calendar of Events and Spotlights (below) for details of events
- For directions to Green College, click here
Live at Green College
Since 1993, nearly a thousand UBC graduate students have taken advantage of the College’s unique combination of west-coast living conditions, extracurricular academic programs, and broad array of social, artistic and recreational opportunities. The College has accommodation for around 85 graduate students at the master’s and doctoral levels, and another 15 places for postdoctoral scholars and visiting faculty. Students may apply for residence at the College at any stage of their UBC academic career and, on admission, sign standard UBC 12-month housing contracts. For more information, and to apply to live at Green College, see here.
Listen to a talk, stay for dinner
Guests are welcome to join residents for dinner in the Great Hall of Graham House, served cafeteria-style between 6:15 and 7:30pm, Sunday through Thursday (only). For menus, prices and to find out how to make a dinner reservation, see here.
Book a room or a catered event
The College offers webcasting and video-conferencing facilities for meetings and events in the Coach House (capacity 75) and Great Hall (capacity 140), and a full catering service. Contact Event Coordinator Alan Gumboc .
See selected talks on our YouTube channel here.
See 2013-14 highlights here.
- Professor Airini gives the fifth talk in a special Green College lecture series on Ideas of the University in the Early 21st Century.
- April 27 8:00 pm - 9:00 pmLocation: Piano Lounge, Green College, UBCSpeaker: Tony Bittar, Music
- April 28 4:30 pm - 6:30 pmLocation: Coach House, Green College, UBCSpeaker: Alestine Andre, Tom Andrews, Ingrid Kritsch, John B. Zoe, Daniel Justice
- May 04 8:00 pm - 9:00 pmLocation: Coach House, Green College, UBCSpeaker: Cristina Moya, Psychology; Jessica Saunders, Law