- February 25, 2014J.B. MacKinnon talks about a possible future 'rewilded' Vancouver in an interview with UBC Creative Writing prof and Green College series co-convenor Deborah Campbell.
- February 04, 2014Kevin Leyton-Brown was awarded the 2014 Steacie Memorial Fellowship, while Makoto Fujiwara led the Canadian contingent on the ALPHA antimatter team awarded the Polanyi Award.
- September 26, 2013Since September 2012, Green College has partnered with UBC TREK to support Green College residents in volunteering at Lord Strathcona Elementary School. Lord Strathcona is located in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and is the oldest elementary school in Vancouver.
- Audio recording of Jillian Christmas and Chris Gilpin (Play Chthonics: New Canadian Readings series)September 20, 2013On Wednesday, September 18, poetry-slam champion Jillian Christmas was joined by Chris Gilpin for live readings at Green College.
Green College is a graduate residential college promoting interdisciplinary inquiry through free public lectures, events and performances, and in discussions around the dinner table. The College is home to 100 graduate students, postdoctoral scholars and visiting artists and academics.
Interested in living here? Apply today. Applications are $50 and can be completed online. We review new applications every month.
Interested in an advertised event? No registration is needed; just arrive promptly to ensure a seat. Stay for a 3-course dinner with our residents to further the discussion - see here for dinner ticket details. Follow @GreenCollegeUBC on Twitter for the latest event and news updates.
View Larger Map
- Why do people make irrational economic decisions? Two experts - a behavioural economist and a computer scientist - provide answers
- Digital media are rapidly changing the exploration and creation of arts and culture. Artistic experimentation and cultural research have adopted a dazzling array of digital tools and technologies to make art and examine cultural practices. This series, co-sponsored by Green College UBC and the Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies, UBC Okanagan, presents innovative artists and scholars from across North America who are pushing the boundaries of contemporary creative and critical practice.
- March 10 5:00 pm - 6:30 pmLocation: Coach House, Green College, UBCSpeaker: Joel Bakan, Law, UBC
- March 10 8:00 pm - 9:00 pmLocation: Coach House, Green College, UBCSpeaker: Martijn Kool, Mathematics
- Interdisciplinary Futures: Conversations to Launch a New Decade of the Cecil H. and Ida Green Visiting Professors ProgramMarch 11 5:00 pm - 6:30 pmLocation: Coach House, Green College, UBCSpeaker: Colin Cammerer, Robert Kirby Professor of Behavioral Economics, California Institute of Technology;Michael Kearns, Professor and National Center Chair in Computer and Information Science, University of Pennsylvania