- October 10, 2014Patricia Brosseau-Liard's (GC 08-09) study of kindergarten kids showed that there is a big difference in the ability of four and five year-olds in determining when adults are lying.
- October 09, 2014Dr. Judith G. Hall, OC, Emerita Professor, Departments of Pediatrics and Medical Genetics, UBC and Foundation Fellow of the College, is one of six inductees honoured at the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame in London, Ontario.
- August 25, 2014Check back later this fall for blog entries from Green College Resident Members.
- September 26, 2013Since September 2012, Green College has partnered with UBC TREK to support Green College residents in volunteering at Lord Strathcona Elementary School. Lord Strathcona is located in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and is the oldest elementary school in Vancouver.
Welcome to Green College, a collective of scholars and creators at UBC!
- Green College is a residential facility for graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and visiting faculty from all disciplines, and a host-venue for co-curricular, cross-disciplinary and cross-sectoral programs arranged by UBC graduate students, faculty members and others
- Academic and artistic events hosted by the College are open free of charge to all members of the University and wider local community
- See the Calendar of Events and Spotlights (below) for details of events
- For directions to Green College, click here
New in 2014-15
- Ideas of the University in the Early 21st Century (lecture and discussion series)
- Arctic-Wise: Bridging Northern Knowledges of Change (lecture and discussion series)
- The Next Urban Planet: Rethinking the City in Time (lecture and discussion series)
- Green College Leading Scholars Program (for newly appointed UBC faculty)
|See selected talks on our YouTube channel here.|
Listen to a talk, stay for dinner
Guests are welcome to join residents for dinner in the Great Hall of Graham House, served cafeteria-style between 6:15 and 7:30pm, Sunday through Thursday (only). For menus, prices and to find out how to make a dinner reservation, see here.
Book a room or a catered event
The College offers webcasting and video-conferencing facilities for meetings and events in the Coach House (capacity 75) and Great Hall (capacity 140), and a full catering service. Contact Event Coordinator Alan Gumboc
- Ana María Martínez-Alemán, Professor of Education, Boston College, describes the challenges that universities face in protecting their democratic role in the face of increasing technological change.
- Dr. Donald Fisher appointed Vice-Principal, Green College for three-year term, 2014-17.
- October 25 8:15 pm - 9:30 pmLocation: Lecture Hall No. 2, Woodward Instructional Resources Centre, 2194 Health Sciences Mall, UBCSpeaker: Arvind Gupta
- October 26 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmLocation: Chan Centre for the Performing Arts, UBCSpeaker: Naomi Klein
- October 27 8:00 pm - 9:00 pmLocation: Coach House, Green College, UBCSpeaker: Elli Papangelakis, Geography