- July 18, 2014PhD student Jake Wall ('09-'11) uses GPS collars, Google Earth and algorithms he developed to help rangers protect elephants
- June 17, 2014The Times covers Liu Institute Visiting Fellow at Green College Chris Dolan at conference to end sexual violence in war (photo courtesy @LauraWestbrork, BBC)
- September 26, 2013Since September 2012, Green College has partnered with UBC TREK to support Green College residents in volunteering at Lord Strathcona Elementary School. Lord Strathcona is located in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and is the oldest elementary school in Vancouver.
- Audio recording of Jillian Christmas and Chris Gilpin (Play Chthonics: New Canadian Readings series)September 20, 2013On Wednesday, September 18, poetry-slam champion Jillian Christmas was joined by Chris Gilpin for live readings at Green College.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Josh Knobe, Philosophy, Yale UniversityCoach House, Green College, UBCMay 07 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Ever wonder what an individual is like deep down or at her core? People are often drawn to an essentialist picture of the self, but how exactly do we figure out which aspects of the self count as the essence and which are merely superficial or inessential? >Read More
- Hosted by Sam Sullivan, Former Mayor of VancouverThe Vancouver Playhouse Theatre (Southeast corner of Hamilton and Dunsmuir Streets)May 16 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Former Vancouver Mayor, Sam Sullivan, hosts another season of salons featuring short presentations by Vancouver's leaders and thinkers on ideas they think you should know about. Mr. Sullivan’s goal is to present a cross-section of the most interesting people in Vancouver and the ideas and insights they have about our city. What is in store for May 16? > Read More
- speaker hereCoach House, Green College and other venuesMay 25 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Brief Summary here
- Award-winning poet Paul Munden examines his own life as a poet through the lens of Laurence Sterne's playful deconstruction of the storytellling process.
- A world-leading advocate for increasing understanding and awareness of sexual violence against men in conflict settings joins Green College as Visiting Fellow