- May 07, 2013The Global Civic Policy Society presents a Public Salon on Wednesday, June 5 from 7:30-9pm at the Vancouver Playhouse. A diverse range of speakers from very different walks of life will each spend 7 minutes speaking about something they are passionate about.
- May 01, 2013Applicant Paul Yachnin (McGill University) and fifteen co-applicants including Green College Principal Mark Vessey received funding to begin their multi-disciplinary project entitled "Forms of conversion: religion, culture, and cognitive ecologies in early modern Europe and its worlds."
- April 26, 2013Green College resident Brittany Welsh describes how the daunting task of mounting four shows of Shakespeare's The Tempest helped and inspired her and her colleagues in ways she hadn't envisioned when she started down the Bard's path five months earlier.
- January 04, 2013Seven Green College students volunteered at Lord Strathcona Elementary School in East Vancouver as part of UBC’s Community Learning Initiative TREK program, matching groups UBC students with elementary schools in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside neighbourhood, and helping with reading and writing lessons and tutoring students on a one-on-one basis.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Josh Knobe, Philosophy, Yale UniversityCoach House, Green College, UBCMay 07 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Ever wonder what an individual is like deep down or at her core? People are often drawn to an essentialist picture of the self, but how exactly do we figure out which aspects of the self count as the essence and which are merely superficial or inessential? >Read More
- Hosted by Sam Sullivan, Former Mayor of VancouverThe Vancouver Playhouse Theatre (Southeast corner of Hamilton and Dunsmuir Streets)May 16 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Former Vancouver Mayor, Sam Sullivan, hosts another season of salons featuring short presentations by Vancouver's leaders and thinkers on ideas they think you should know about. Mr. Sullivan’s goal is to present a cross-section of the most interesting people in Vancouver and the ideas and insights they have about our city. What is in store for May 16? > Read More
- speaker hereCoach House, Green College and other venuesMay 25 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Brief Summary here
- Mark Vessey has been invited to the University of Bristol to give the Blackwell-Bristol Lectures 2013 at the Institute of Greece, Rome and the Classical Tradition.
- Dame Anne Salmond will give three talks on how different cultures define and communicate ways of being.