- July 18, 2014PhD student Jake Wall ('09-'11) uses GPS collars, Google Earth and algorithms he developed to help rangers protect elephants
- June 17, 2014The Times covers Liu Institute Visiting Fellow at Green College Chris Dolan at conference to end sexual violence in war (photo courtesy @LauraWestbrork, BBC)
- August 25, 2014Check back later this fall for blog entries from Green College Resident Members.
- September 26, 2013Since September 2012, Green College has partnered with UBC TREK to support Green College residents in volunteering at Lord Strathcona Elementary School. Lord Strathcona is located in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and is the oldest elementary school in Vancouver.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Josh Knobe, Philosophy, Yale UniversityCoach House, Green College, UBCMay 07 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Ever wonder what an individual is like deep down or at her core? People are often drawn to an essentialist picture of the self, but how exactly do we figure out which aspects of the self count as the essence and which are merely superficial or inessential? >Read More
- Hosted by Sam Sullivan, Former Mayor of VancouverThe Vancouver Playhouse Theatre (Southeast corner of Hamilton and Dunsmuir Streets)May 16 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Former Vancouver Mayor, Sam Sullivan, hosts another season of salons featuring short presentations by Vancouver's leaders and thinkers on ideas they think you should know about. Mr. Sullivan’s goal is to present a cross-section of the most interesting people in Vancouver and the ideas and insights they have about our city. What is in store for May 16? > Read More
- speaker hereCoach House, Green College and other venuesMay 25 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Brief Summary here
- Green Visiting Professors Christine Chambers and Michael Sullivan rethink a chronic problem
- Michael Byers and Rob Huebert discuss sovereignty and security in the first in a series of cross-disciplinary, cross-sectoral presentations on changing realities and understandings of the Arctic