- May 07, 2013The Global Civic Policy Society presents a Public Salon on Wednesday, June 5 from 7:30-9pm at the Vancouver Playhouse. A diverse range of speakers from very different walks of life will each spend 7 minutes speaking about something they are passionate about.
- May 01, 2013Applicant Paul Yachnin (McGill University) and fifteen co-applicants including Green College Principal Mark Vessey received funding to begin their multi-disciplinary project entitled "Forms of conversion: religion, culture, and cognitive ecologies in early modern Europe and its worlds."
- April 26, 2013Green College resident Brittany Welsh describes how the daunting task of mounting four shows of Shakespeare's The Tempest helped and inspired her and her colleagues in ways she hadn't envisioned when she started down the Bard's path five months earlier.
- January 04, 2013Seven Green College students volunteered at Lord Strathcona Elementary School in East Vancouver as part of UBC’s Community Learning Initiative TREK program, matching groups UBC students with elementary schools in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside neighbourhood, and helping with reading and writing lessons and tutoring students on a one-on-one basis.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- VariousCoach House, Green College, UBC (12-2pm) and SFU Harbour Centre, Room 7000 (5-7pm)May 10 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
What are the prospects for peace in Colombia and Turkey today? This workshop, organized by the School for International Studies, Simon Fraser University (SFU), and Liu Institute for Global Issues, University of British Columbia (UBC) on May 10, 2013, invites scholars and those interested in the conflict and peace processes in Colombia and Turkey.
- Larissa Lai, Sneja Gunew, Weldon Hunter and othersGreen CollegeMay 10 5:00 pm - May 12 4:15 pm
This year's UBC English Graduate Conference, Endnotes 2013, brings together students, writers, artists, and scholars from graduate departments across Canada and the United States to explore the topic of Anonymity.
- Mark Vessey has been invited to the University of Bristol to give the Blackwell-Bristol Lectures 2013 at the Institute of Greece, Rome and the Classical Tradition.
- Dame Anne Salmond will give three talks on how different cultures define and communicate ways of being.