Green College is offering weekly yoga and meditation open to both residents and non-residents of the College. The workshops are designed to help community members find greater peace, happiness and balance in their lives. The yoga classes are led by experienced teachers who offer instruction in Iyengar and Vedic practice, thus providing a variety of ways to improve one’s strength, flexibility and balance. The yoga practice is complemented by meditation sessions during which we explore a wide spectrum of techniques of mental cultivation—from basic concentration on the breath (shamatha) to insight meditation (vipassana) including developing body awareness, gratitude and compassion for oneself and others.
- The inaugural issue of "Green Commons" was launched May 28, 2013, and sent to over 1,000 Society Members who have lived at or supported the College over the past twenty years.
- Mark Vessey has been invited to the University of Bristol to give the Blackwell-Bristol Lectures 2013 at the Institute of Greece, Rome and the Classical Tradition.
- May 07, 2013The Global Civic Policy Society presents a Public Salon on Wednesday, June 5 from 7:30-9pm at the Vancouver Playhouse. A diverse range of speakers from very different walks of life will each spend 7 minutes speaking about something they are passionate about.
- May 01, 2013Applicant Paul Yachnin (McGill University) and fifteen co-applicants including Green College Principal Mark Vessey received funding to begin their multi-disciplinary project entitled "Forms of conversion: religion, culture, and cognitive ecologies in early modern Europe and its worlds."
- June 04, 2013Photos from the May 2nd Coffeehouse!
- April 26, 2013Green College resident Brittany Welsh describes how the daunting task of mounting four shows of Shakespeare's The Tempest helped and inspired her and her colleagues in ways she hadn't envisioned when she started down the Bard's path five months earlier.