Green College is offering weekly yoga and meditation open to both residents and non-residents of the College. The workshops are designed to help community members find greater peace, happiness and balance in their lives. The yoga classes are led by experienced teachers who offer instruction in Iyengar and Vedic practice, thus providing a variety of ways to improve one’s strength, flexibility and balance. The yoga practice is complemented by meditation sessions during which we explore a wide spectrum of techniques of mental cultivation—from basic concentration on the breath (shamatha) to insight meditation (vipassana) including developing body awareness, gratitude and compassion for oneself and others.
- Green Visiting Professors Christine Chambers and Michael Sullivan rethink a chronic problem
- Michael Byers and Rob Huebert discuss sovereignty and security in the first in a series of cross-disciplinary, cross-sectoral presentations on changing realities and understandings of the Arctic
- August 28, 2014College's third Principal will lead expanded program of public engagement
- July 18, 2014PhD student Jake Wall ('09-'11) uses GPS collars, Google Earth and algorithms he developed to help rangers protect elephants
- August 25, 2014Check back later this fall for blog entries from Green College Resident Members.
- September 26, 2013Since September 2012, Green College has partnered with UBC TREK to support Green College residents in volunteering at Lord Strathcona Elementary School. Lord Strathcona is located in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and is the oldest elementary school in Vancouver.