Kenneth Sharpe will talk about how the rules and incentives contemporary institutions use to control the behavior of teachers,lawyers, doctors, military officers, and judges corrodes the practical wisdom these practitioners need to do their work well. He will argue that the current “war on wisdom” can be stopped by the modern version of the Aristotelian statesman: women and men with the skill and will to re-design the institutions we all work in.
- Green Visiting Professors Christine Chambers and Michael Sullivan rethink a chronic problem
- Award-winning poet Paul Munden examines his own life as a poet through the lens of Laurence Sterne's playful deconstruction of the storytellling process.
- July 18, 2014PhD student Jake Wall ('09-'11) uses GPS collars, Google Earth and algorithms he developed to help rangers protect elephants
- June 17, 2014The Times covers Liu Institute Visiting Fellow at Green College Chris Dolan at conference to end sexual violence in war (photo courtesy @LauraWestbrork, BBC)
- September 26, 2013Since September 2012, Green College has partnered with UBC TREK to support Green College residents in volunteering at Lord Strathcona Elementary School. Lord Strathcona is located in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and is the oldest elementary school in Vancouver.
- Audio recording of Jillian Christmas and Chris Gilpin (Play Chthonics: New Canadian Readings series)September 20, 2013On Wednesday, September 18, poetry-slam champion Jillian Christmas was joined by Chris Gilpin for live readings at Green College.