Kenneth Sharpe will talk about how the rules and incentives contemporary institutions use to control the behavior of teachers,lawyers, doctors, military officers, and judges corrodes the practical wisdom these practitioners need to do their work well. He will argue that the current “war on wisdom” can be stopped by the modern version of the Aristotelian statesman: women and men with the skill and will to re-design the institutions we all work in.
- Green Visiting Professors Christine Chambers and Michael Sullivan rethink a chronic problem
- Michael Byers and Rob Huebert discuss sovereignty and security in the first in a series of cross-disciplinary, cross-sectoral presentations on changing realities and understandings of the Arctic
- August 28, 2014College's third Principal will lead expanded program of public engagement
- July 18, 2014PhD student Jake Wall ('09-'11) uses GPS collars, Google Earth and algorithms he developed to help rangers protect elephants
- August 25, 2014Check back later this fall for blog entries from Green College Resident Members.
- September 26, 2013Since September 2012, Green College has partnered with UBC TREK to support Green College residents in volunteering at Lord Strathcona Elementary School. Lord Strathcona is located in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and is the oldest elementary school in Vancouver.