Join author Barry Schwartz at this Fireside Chat to learn more about why he thinks incentives can never be enough for doctors, lawyers, teachers, and bankers; that people have to want to do the right thing because it is the right thing. Barry Schwartz has written The Costs of Living: How Market Freedom Erodes the Best Things in Life and The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less, among other books. He is the co-author of Practical Wisdom with Kenneth Sharpe.
- Award-winning poet Paul Munden examines his own life as a poet through the lens of Laurence Sterne's playful deconstruction of the storytellling process.
- A world-leading advocate for increasing understanding and awareness of sexual violence against men in conflict settings joins Green College as Visiting Fellow
- July 18, 2014PhD student Jake Wall ('09-'11) uses GPS collars, Google Earth and algorithms he developed to help rangers protect elephants
- June 17, 2014The Times covers Liu Institute Visiting Fellow at Green College Chris Dolan at conference to end sexual violence in war (photo courtesy @LauraWestbrork, BBC)
- September 26, 2013Since September 2012, Green College has partnered with UBC TREK to support Green College residents in volunteering at Lord Strathcona Elementary School. Lord Strathcona is located in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and is the oldest elementary school in Vancouver.
- Audio recording of Jillian Christmas and Chris Gilpin (Play Chthonics: New Canadian Readings series)September 20, 2013On Wednesday, September 18, poetry-slam champion Jillian Christmas was joined by Chris Gilpin for live readings at Green College.