Join author Barry Schwartz at this Fireside Chat to learn more about why he thinks incentives can never be enough for doctors, lawyers, teachers, and bankers; that people have to want to do the right thing because it is the right thing. Barry Schwartz has written The Costs of Living: How Market Freedom Erodes the Best Things in Life and The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less, among other books. He is the co-author of Practical Wisdom with Kenneth Sharpe.
- This series, co-sponsored by Green College UBC and the Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies, UBC Okanagan, presents innovative artists and scholars from across North America who are pushing the boundaries of contemporary creative and critical practice.
- April 15, 2014Astrobiologist Haley Sapers' ('12-'13) research paper "Enigmatic tubular features in impact glass" is published in Geology. A related article in Science asks: could early life on Earth have been fostered in meteorite impact craters?
- March 13, 2014Ann Jones is interviewed in The Tyee by Deborah Campbell on the impact that the war in Afghanistan has had, citing the "militarized economic/political system" in the US and changes to development aid (in both US and Canada) as key issues impacting some of the hopeful changes occurring for women and children in Afghanistan.
- September 26, 2013Since September 2012, Green College has partnered with UBC TREK to support Green College residents in volunteering at Lord Strathcona Elementary School. Lord Strathcona is located in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and is the oldest elementary school in Vancouver.
- Audio recording of Jillian Christmas and Chris Gilpin (Play Chthonics: New Canadian Readings series)September 20, 2013On Wednesday, September 18, poetry-slam champion Jillian Christmas was joined by Chris Gilpin for live readings at Green College.