Join author Barry Schwartz at this Fireside Chat to learn more about why he thinks incentives can never be enough for doctors, lawyers, teachers, and bankers; that people have to want to do the right thing because it is the right thing. Barry Schwartz has written The Costs of Living: How Market Freedom Erodes the Best Things in Life and The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less, among other books. He is the co-author of Practical Wisdom with Kenneth Sharpe.
- The deadline is December 16, 2013 for receiving applications. The position offers the opportunity for one influential scholar, activist, artist, leader, or practitioner for a 4-month period, from September – Dec, or January – April.
- This new series gathers scholars from the humanities living and working along the North American Pacific coast to investigate the idea of “oecology,” an older spelling of the modern concept “ecology”.
- November 14, 2013The Scotiabank Giller Prize and Governor General's Award honours two Green College Writers-in-Residence.
- November 06, 2013Fakir created Space Launch Canada with a vision for BC as a destination for launching satellites and putting Canada on the space exploration map.
- September 26, 2013Since September 2012, Green College has partnered with UBC TREK to support Green College residents in volunteering at Lord Strathcona Elementary School. Lord Strathcona is located in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and is the oldest elementary school in Vancouver.
- Audio recording of Jillian Christmas and Chris Gilpin (Play Chthonics: New Canadian Readings series)September 20, 2013On Wednesday, September 18, poetry-slam champion Jillian Christmas was joined by Chris Gilpin for live readings at Green College.