Join author Barry Schwartz at this Fireside Chat to learn more about why he thinks incentives can never be enough for doctors, lawyers, teachers, and bankers; that people have to want to do the right thing because it is the right thing. Barry Schwartz has written The Costs of Living: How Market Freedom Erodes the Best Things in Life and The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less, among other books. He is the co-author of Practical Wisdom with Kenneth Sharpe.
- Eby leads off a new series examining the state of the university as it undergoes dramatic change.
- Michael Byers and Rob Huebert discuss sovereignty and security in the first in a series of cross-disciplinary, cross-sectoral presentations on changing realities and understandings of the Arctic
- August 28, 2014College's third Principal will lead expanded program of public engagement
- July 18, 2014PhD student Jake Wall ('09-'11) uses GPS collars, Google Earth and algorithms he developed to help rangers protect elephants
- August 25, 2014Check back later this fall for blog entries from Green College Resident Members.
- September 26, 2013Since September 2012, Green College has partnered with UBC TREK to support Green College residents in volunteering at Lord Strathcona Elementary School. Lord Strathcona is located in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and is the oldest elementary school in Vancouver.