Johann Sebastian Bach wasn't just a master of his art, but a teacher and mentor as well. University of British Columbia graduate Christopher Bagan performs his first solo recital for Early Music Vancouver, featuring harpsichord music by Bach and his students. The programme includes Bach's Chromatic Fantasia, as well as music by his students Müthel and Agricola.
- Green Visiting Professors Christine Chambers and Michael Sullivan rethink a chronic problem
- Michael Byers and Rob Huebert discuss sovereignty and security in the first in a series of cross-disciplinary, cross-sectoral presentations on changing realities and understandings of the Arctic
- August 28, 2014Vessey, the third Principal since the College’s inception, will oversee a new leading scholars program, pilot projects on the Arctic and world urbanism, and expanded public engagement in collaboration with the Vancouver Institute and Alumni UBC during the coming year.
- July 18, 2014PhD student Jake Wall ('09-'11) uses GPS collars, Google Earth and algorithms he developed to help rangers protect elephants
- August 25, 2014Check back later this fall for blog entries from Green College Resident Members.
- September 26, 2013Since September 2012, Green College has partnered with UBC TREK to support Green College residents in volunteering at Lord Strathcona Elementary School. Lord Strathcona is located in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and is the oldest elementary school in Vancouver.