“How to think into foreign. How to translate the hands to the throat. How to signature the ‘I’. How to lose its singularity and become a flock of sparrows suddened by a wind. How to threshold the threshold. How to live in the crossings of a threshold. How to unborder a language’s borders.” Join 2009 GC Writer-in-Residence Oana Avasilichioaei for an introductory reading from recent works and a talk on collaboration, translation and the multiple.
- Green Visiting Professors Christine Chambers and Michael Sullivan rethink a chronic problem
- Award-winning poet Paul Munden examines his own life as a poet through the lens of Laurence Sterne's playful deconstruction of the storytellling process.
- July 18, 2014PhD student Jake Wall ('09-'11) uses GPS collars, Google Earth and algorithms he developed to help rangers protect elephants
- June 17, 2014The Times covers Liu Institute Visiting Fellow at Green College Chris Dolan at conference to end sexual violence in war (photo courtesy @LauraWestbrork, BBC)
- September 26, 2013Since September 2012, Green College has partnered with UBC TREK to support Green College residents in volunteering at Lord Strathcona Elementary School. Lord Strathcona is located in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and is the oldest elementary school in Vancouver.
- Audio recording of Jillian Christmas and Chris Gilpin (Play Chthonics: New Canadian Readings series)September 20, 2013On Wednesday, September 18, poetry-slam champion Jillian Christmas was joined by Chris Gilpin for live readings at Green College.