“How to think into foreign. How to translate the hands to the throat. How to signature the ‘I’. How to lose its singularity and become a flock of sparrows suddened by a wind. How to threshold the threshold. How to live in the crossings of a threshold. How to unborder a language’s borders.” Join 2009 GC Writer-in-Residence Oana Avasilichioaei for an introductory reading from recent works and a talk on collaboration, translation and the multiple.
- Eby leads off a new series examining the state of the university as it undergoes dramatic change.
- Michael Byers and Rob Huebert discuss sovereignty and security in the first in a series of cross-disciplinary, cross-sectoral presentations on changing realities and understandings of the Arctic
- August 28, 2014College's third Principal will lead expanded program of public engagement
- July 18, 2014PhD student Jake Wall ('09-'11) uses GPS collars, Google Earth and algorithms he developed to help rangers protect elephants
- August 25, 2014Check back later this fall for blog entries from Green College Resident Members.
- September 26, 2013Since September 2012, Green College has partnered with UBC TREK to support Green College residents in volunteering at Lord Strathcona Elementary School. Lord Strathcona is located in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and is the oldest elementary school in Vancouver.