1. Are You Eligible? Resident membership of Green College is open to:1/ UBC students who have been accepted into or are currently enrolled in a master’s or doctoral degree program, 2/ UBC-appointed Postdoctoral Scholars, and 3/ Visiting Professors (faculty members) from other institutions. See more about eligibility here. Upon accepting membership at Green College, you will be asked to sign a contract that defines the terms and conditions of residency.
2. Is Green College the right fit? Green College seeks Resident Members who can demonstrate academic distinction and the potential to be active, contributing participants in the community, and who express a clear interest in the interdisciplinary mandate of the College. In determining resident membership, the College also strives to achieve diversity in terms of academic discipline, gender and international representation. Prospective graduate students are encouraged to download the brochure A Guide for Graduate Students Interested In Living at Green College that includes answers to commonly asked questions.
3. Cost and Financial Support. Green College Resident Members pay monthly fees for both housing and the compulsory meal plan. Graduate Student Resident Members are eligible for additional support through the R. Howard Webster Foundation Fellowship ($2,000 each), and the N. H. Benson international Graduate Award ($1,000 each). Successful applicants for admission to Green College who will be beginning their UBC degree programs in 2013-14 will automatically be considered for these awards. See more here.
4. Our Facilities, Meals and Accommodations. Living at Green College provides around-the-clock access to a wide range of facilities just outside your residence room, steps from forested trails leading to the Pacific Ocean. We have three types of accommodation: single rooms with a shared bathroom; single split-level rooms with a shared bathroom and shared living room; and suites (priority given to Postdoctoral Scholars, Visiting Professors and couples). Accommodation costs for 2013-14 can be found here. The compulsory meal plan includes breakfasts Monday through Friday and dinners Sunday through Thursday - see fees here. See more on our facilities, accommodations, and meal plans.
5. The application process involves two steps: 1/ Submit an application to Green College (via UBC Student Housing and Hospitality Services' online application - Apply Now button below), and 2/ Send supporting documents to Green College, attention firstname.lastname@example.org (in pdf format please). Once the application and supporting documentation has been received, it will be reviewed by the Membership Committee. See application process details here.
Note to Visiting Professors and Postdoctoral Scholars: Please contact the Membership and Accommodations Coordinator at email@example.com or the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org for application information.